StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elemental Tips & Tactics

A Stick Empires Player AsePlayer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAD0VV View Post
    Yes, that would be quite useful as long as you had the resources and your opponent did not get shadows. Mainly I use this type of pressuring to break a turtle, so the inferno would help a lot. Scorch would not be great here unless the don't have walls, and one of the units can be killed from CA splash. The inferno is only slightly more expensive but its spells are more powerful and it can be reused so I would recommend not using scorch, unless there are ninjas or an easy way into the opponents miners.
    Make the inferno at the base, not before it. This renders the shadow less useful than if you just waltzed in with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sss
    You are the cancer of stickpage you fucking fuckity fuck fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by HashBrownTrials View Post
    By the time the new update comes out DAZ would've gone through puberty. Lel
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Also Fuck EvE. That's not a matchup. That's a rock-paper-I-don't-give-a-fuck.

True, but likely it will still be killed by a shadowrath so scorch could be a better option.

True, but likely it will still be killed by a shadowrath so scorch could be a better option.
    It only takes a few seconds to activate the spell. The shadow won't kill it that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AsePlayer View Post
    It only takes a few seconds to activate the spell. The shadow won't kill it that quickly.
    Sure, it won't kill it immediately, but you will use 750 gold 100 mana (plus meteor costs) for one spell. This would make sense if they had a wall or a wall and shadows, but with no walls a scorch is cheaper and works better than vastolis. Overall infernos are better, but in the case of shadows you may waste a lot of resources for a one-time use is unit where the opponent can simply garrison their miners.

Sure, it won't kill it immediately, but you will use 750 gold 100 mana (plus meteor costs) for one spell. This would make sense if they had a wall or a wall and shadows, but with no walls a scorch is cheaper and works better than vastolis. Overall infernos are better, but in the case of shadows you may waste a lot of resources for a one-time use is unit where the opponent can simply garrison their miners.
    The meteor will not let them out. The price is well worth it, as archidons and miners will not be able to exit + live.

The meteor will not let them out. The price is well worth it, as archidons and miners will not be able to exit + live.
    The spino gg push
    Make 4 infernos right after a tower spawn 2.
    They don't mass garrison they lose all units, they do, they can't come out.
    Didn't CJ say
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Damn your jaw must be pretty sore
    spino 606
    SE name and code

Proud member of team Zenith!
    Stick Empires YouTube Channel
    My YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkl1IitnRA#t=2m44s

it is from my days as a DM noob lolz
    Last edited by MasterKaito; 11-03-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKaito View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkl1IitnRA#t=2m44s

it is from my days as a DM noob lolz
    So earlier today? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Huehuehue. One moment as I grab my ancient post links regarding ele.
    Take a look here:
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...4-Ele-Gameplay

This encompasses the main compositions that one could possibly utilize in game, and I might as well give ya a brief rundown of the way I play ele in general.
    As one of the few ele pro ele players, you seem to comprehend the general theme of elementals down to the basics. However, it seems that you may/may not know how the meta/macro changes as one would increase higher on the leaderboards.

So, whenever I begin a game with let's say... Order vs elementals. I start with my usual 3 earth que from the get go as my default for basically every map regardless of size. The reason for this is because nothing order can throw at you in the first 30 seconds of the game can be enough to overrun that army; it may pressure you away from tower with enough dps or range presence, but it cannot effectively rush down the base if your micro-ing your earth units as you should be. I que the first earth, rapidly tapping the 1 key a following two extra times for the others just because it's my only option at that point XD. The first earth remains as such and is commanded to run to the tower to scout/attempt to capture tower. Dependent on my opponents start at that point and map size I determine whether I stay and either:
    Stall to keep the opponent from gaining tower (if no archer present ONLY)
    Attempt to send following earths to fight for tower (unlikely as 75 for gold production as a certainty outweighs that of an uncertain outcome of the 20g passive from the tower)
    Simply retreat that earth (usually if an archer is present)

For the first minute and 40~ seconds of the game I morph my earths to miners to increase the economy as per usual; always keeping in mind that the opponent could rush in at any point in time given my lesser dps. As I do so I respond accordingly to my opponent based on map size and army comp:
    Castle-A/S start:
    Flee tower but always keep at least 2 earths out to suppress incoming swords in case they run into base (hyper aggressive player) if they do the prior, I make it a goal to stall for as long as I can until I feel the need to purchase my castle air; all whilst maintaining a very precise micro.
    Longer maps:
    Less early game in base pressure so one can ease a bit into a comfortable economy rush.

Around 2 minutes I should have already had my first row full of miners and 2-3 on mana when my first tree is to be made. (Hustle is dependent upon the opponents current position and behavior; nonetheless try to get it as soon as possible if after first tree.) my second tree should follow as I send my scorpions to attack his archers if:
    Currently tower camping- simply pressure the archers
    Attacking at this point- (forgot to mention until now but you should always have your tree ahead of miners and a decent distance outward but within range so that your castle air can damage incoming melee units targeting your trees) using your scorps still, attack his archers with the scorpions (between the second tree and attacking you should begin to que your fires; scorch possibility as you continue to make more resources for your following tree(s). This making it possible to clap any mass groups of swords at the appropriate times or scare him into keeping his swords running around; if they are running they aren't attacking.) keep in mind: it takes two hits from a scorp to get an archer within instagib territory with deathblossom. This makes it easier to further suppress and nullify his army whilst still building yours.
    You should now be working on clearing and overwhelming his comp with the following:
    (Purchase upgrades as you should)
    Cycloids- with the tornado upgrade, two of these units can clear a hefty chunk of his archers in an instant or severely cripple them into DB range again.
    Inferno- (depends on preference and style as you can be targeted by ground units in any case with the only benefits being that you can drain more life from tankier units; i.e. Merics and magikills.) useful for defense if they push you to garrison or are ignoring units
    V- (personal favorite end game unit) This unit in mass with clones can be a forced to be reckoned with. It's obvious perks are there but it requires very precise micro. If you've got a quick finger, don't hesitate to que these up. It's fun to steal medics and magikills hiding in the back, use their abilities, and/or use them as quick tanks for all those incoming projectiles. Stealing pesky shadowraths and walking them into enemy fire works as well for sniping the prior/tanking/ or simply walking the unit into a water.

Close game- work towards ts1-2 when able to top of your macro cake with a nice frosting.
    Last edited by PUMU; 11-10-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ps-and-Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by hey look a train! View Post
    were gunna be great partners in crime heh heh heh
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I'll teach you how to double clutch~
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information