StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Kodi Melton // The Night's Huntress

Kodi Melton // The Night's Huntress

Abilities:
    Due to several years of hunting and shooting, Kodi's developed keen senses and sight capable of tracking small objects from a distance. Her hearing and sight are particularly acute, with a range of hearing exceeding that of normal humanity and sight approaching the 20/10 mark.

In addition to this, Kodi has become incredibly skilled in ranged combat, both in part due to applied combat and infiltration experience in both the Observer Protocol and Project Epirus, the latter of which she was capable of stealthily assassinating seven guards from a distance of three-hundred yards with a bow and arrow.

Kodi is also a master of stalking, being able to track and sneak after a target for hours in almost any environment bar the cities.

In addition to her learned skills, several years of drawing and firing high-poundage bows on the fly has resulted in a much higher upper body strength than many of her peers, her theoretical maximum being a three-hundred pound pull. However, it is possible adrenaline may increase this limit to be much higher. On top of this, she has an excellent natural stamina across the board, most notably when shooting.

In terms of weaponry, Kodi possesses an experimental FA-94 'Hemlock' weapons system, a compound bow which is capable of firing high amounts of directed energy along a straight line for approximately one kilometer. This energy is invisible to the naked eye, and effectively inaudible at distances aside from point-blank. To non-shielded targets, this weapon is capable of killing blows if not treated rapidly, and is sometimes immediately lethal.

She also carries a standard recurved bow, which fires normal arrows much slower at a shorter range, however they are typically more lethal, as the arrows themselves are bladed and upon removal, will cause immediate blood loss in any penetrating wound.

A final backup weapon is the FNP-45 Pistol, chambered in .45 ACP, a somewhat slow and heavy round. The pistol is not suppressed, and thus the report is audible for hundreds of yards, making it a last resort killing tool. However, with it she is capable of hitting center mass of a human-sized target at fifty yards, and clean headshots within twenty yards.

In terms of silent weaponry, Kodi has multiple knives on her person, all of which she is proficient enough to make a lethal cut with in stealth, or holding her own in a dedicated short-bladed fight.

When it comes to powers, she is a force to be reckoned with if conditions are properly met. Simply, these conditions are for it to be night, as during the time the sun is no longer visible Kodi receives a large speed and power increase that can render her almost a blur at a dead sprint. On top of this, she can manipulate natural life around her any time of the day, most easily manipulating plants and hive animals to her will. However, this can have adverse affects, and is usually not used unless she is at immediate risk of death.

Weaknesses:

Though she's a skilled archer, moving targets can become a bit of an issue for Kodi, especially at range. However, due to her new energy-based weapons, this really only comes into play when a shot is at the absolute limit of her range, or moving fast enough she cannot track it well.

Though strong and quick, she's a (mostly) normal human with extraordinary skills, and isn't tough as others in most conditions, relying on stealth and range to kill. While she is capable of taking hits, well-placed blows will put her down like any other person. If one manages to close in on her, Kodi becomes more ineffective, relying on evasion to put more distance between her and her target.

In a fight, while she is very rational, she may not be the most tactical in a pressured environment. Once somebody is within her minimum range, she becomes rushed, focusing on distance rather than a head-on approach, or attempting to flank to strike and circle around once again.

Finally, she lacks experience in working as a team, more so taking a lone wolf approach. While she has made entire units vanish in the middle of the knight, this lack of team player mentality means she can be thwarted by playing on her solitary nature.

About/Story:

Born to a middle-class family in the sands of Arizona, Kodi naturally grew up as a hunter of the various fauna of the desert and surrounding area. She simply lived off of what she could pull in, mostly out of preference than being forced to. The fruits one harvests by their own hand tastes all the sweeter, and she simply enjoyed that she could do it to the extent she could.She eventually grew to the age where she'd be required to attend college or find a job, and she enlisted in the military for a four-year stretch as a dog trainer. While she enjoyed her job, the huntress decided not to renew her contract and set off about the world on her hunts, doing what she loved more.

Personality:

Typically, Kodi tends to stick to her lonesome, preferring to work alone as she believes it's quicker and quieter that way. That, mixed with her keen sense of not liking anybody else who breathes for the most part, brings about somebody incredibly uncomfortable in a public setting but otherwise stoic. In private, though, she leans to a slightly less closed-off side of herself, even if she's still awkward as hell and adorkable in a way.
    Appearance:

Kodi stands 5'5", an average height for an average-looking girl. But that height is lined with sheer, dense muscle, pulling her weight up from what would be about one-twenty to one-fifty. Those thirty extra pounds aren't exactly the most evident, but she is almost always wrapped within a dark green hoodie and black jeans, making it easier to blend in with her surroundings. When her hood isn't up, there's a mess of brown hair set upon her head which is typically pulled back into a sloppy ponytail. Her face in itself shows signs of a harsh life, with small scratches almost always present. Her eyes, though, are untouched and almost shockingly green. Otherwise, she comes off as a perfectly normal young adult.

Demo:

Spoiler for long-ish chunk of text which will probably change later:
    Last edited by Caelo; 11-06-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Writer
    Battles:
    somewhere with mancer, will find it eventually.
    How about our battle Caelo? Already forgotten about that one?

If that was simply a slip of the tongue and you implied Wyvern, then you're in luck I still have your version stored away.

Well I only really have one question and that's : Why'd you make a new thread and not just revive your old?

ohai

I actually did forget, and there's both that I just need to go find. cx

And I made a new one because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to change the title like I did before, and enough changed that I figured it'd be better to make a new one.

Writer
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelo View Post
    ohai

I actually did forget, and there's both that I just need to go find. cx

And I made a new one because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to change the title like I did before, and enough changed that I figured it'd be better to make a new one.
    You vs. me
    You vs. Cavaliere (you forfeited this one, remember?)

Title is, I believe, as simple as going to advanced options in your original post.
    Last edited by Vern; 11-06-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Well, too late now.

Where Night and Day hold hands with each other
    If you're going to remake your thread, make sure to tell me since you're only allowed one thread of your gladdy, alrighty~?
    I've already taken it down, so just keep it in mind next time~

Also good luck on your future battles~
    o w o

Thanks, Latios. Forgot to pm you about it. cx

(△) Objective: Survive. The Organization's Avatar
    Spoiler for poof:
    Last edited by The Organization; 01-07-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Normally, I'd say yes, but honestly I just have absolutely no energy for writing anything so I can't fairly say that I'd be willing to go through with any of it, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    Because Caelo is like an episode if House. She follows a structure.

Arrive in style ----> Demand attention ---> Get too much attention ---> Waves off attention like she never demanded it ---> Notices attention flagging ---> Demands more attention ---> Gets more attention ---> Leaves.

Thread Information