StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Unrust Challenges - #7 BLOCK like a rock! [Calling for participants!]

Here's mine i think i can improve this though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYH1...ature=youtu.be

The Extra-Extraordinary Mustika's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    Nice animation BTW!
    Thanks, dude
    And oh wait, is my animation back there not being included as jumps too? Or...?

DeviantART |RHG - Battle #1 done | osu!
    Spoiler for I got stamped as SP's Official Counter. Yay?:

Quote Originally Posted by Mustika View Post
    Well, seeing that I'm currently in need to break my rusts: http://sta.sh/01jvlfrgwtwl

Guess there's not many participants by now so I suggest to extend the deadline?
    Really smooth!

the only two flaws I saw:
    - When he/she (let's call it "It") steps in the edge of the building, it should bend more it's knees (to add anticipation). that jump looks more like it's going to jump into a pool more than jumping between two buildings.
    - When it stops from rolling, you should add more easing. I'd suggest to make its head more forwardly, add some easing to that, and then make the head go backwards a little bit (with easing too). This is to add the feeling of innercy (I think in animation is called "followtrough actions". Like the antena of a car, the head should keep moving when the body stops, and then the heads goes back to align with the rest of the body).

I'd like to see the corrected version of this (is just a couple more of frames )
    Lotus holding tryouts! come and give it a shot! ↓

~ have you ever dreamed so high in the sky that you doubted your wings could reach those clouds? ~

Hot dang Kodoku. Someone also pointed me out regarding to the lack of feet bending before he jumped haha. Think I should try to fix it if I have time (or make a different kind of practice when I have a chance to do it later).

- I feel more like he's going to jump and roll in front of mattress if anything ^^" I put his arms to the front so that his head didn't get into the floor first (which was going to hurt, I bet).
    - Although I find you nailed the point regarding to easing, I was thinking he stopped his motions by one of his arms (in this case, his left one) to prevent it for further rolling. Though I should have put the arm to the front instead of the side, shouldn't I? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers for the tips~

Hot dang Kodoku. Someone also pointed me out regarding to the lack of feet bending before he jumped haha. Think I should try to fix it if I have time (or make a different kind of practice when I have a chance to do it later).

- I feel more like he's going to jump and roll in front of mattress if anything ^^" I put his arms to the front so that his head didn't get into the floor first (which was going to hurt, I bet).
    - Although I find you nailed the point regarding to easing, I was thinking he stopped his motions by one of his arms (in this case, his left one) to prevent it for further rolling. Though I should have put the arm to the front instead of the side, shouldn't I? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers for the tips~
    - It's not because of the arms, is because of the legs. It looks like "oh no biggie, I'll just give a little jump between this two buildings". If the knees bend more, it gives the spectator more anticipation. It'd look like "I have to make a big jump to make it to the other way". That's another concept of animation (wich name I can't remember): The amount of frames on an action tells alot about the nature of that action. The more you bend your knees, more different the action is: If your knees only bends a little, maybe you're playing to jump the rope. If you knees bends a little more, maybe you're trying to jump over some poo on the floor. If you bend your knees as much as you can, maybe you're trying to jump to another building
    - even if he stops his body from rolling, the upper part of his body keeps moving forwards (due to innercy). so it's necessary to add the movements I said earlier, or it'll look unnatural (like a robot)

~ have you ever dreamed so high in the sky that you doubted your wings could reach those clouds? ~

Ah, I get it now. I'd note them for future reference.
    Here, I've updated the file. See if it works now (need to skip my breakfast for some minutes lol): http://sta.sh/01jvlfrgwtwl

It's been so long since I last animated...
    I need diz.

http://sta.sh/04f2bsd3rf9

Also, let me suggest the next topic should be running. Damn I have a complex with that.
    Last edited by Kodoku; 11-15-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Ooo, noice. Spiderman much?

Quote Originally Posted by the new one2 View Post
    Here's mine i think i can improve this though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYH1...ature=youtu.be
    Adding to the youtube comment you've got there, I'd say make sure you try to move ALL the limbs. And yeah, an awesome tutorial on anticipation by Alan Becker = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OtE60T8yU

And oh wait, is my animation back there not being included as jumps too? Or...?
    Sorry man, didn't notice yours while editing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    It's been so long since I last animated...
    I need diz.

http://sta.sh/04f2bsd3rf9

Also, let me suggest the next topic should be running. Damn I have a complex with that.
    Haha love the style.
    Alright, running's next! Probably two days would be enough, right?
    Last edited by S.A.; 12-03-2015 at 03:38 AM. Reason: anticipation link was broken
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    Adding to the youtube comment you've got there, I'd say make sure you try to move ALL the limbs. And yeah, anticipation = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49VygmSCnHk

Sorry man, didn't notice yours while editing :P

Haha love the style.
    Alright, running's next! Probably two days would be enough, right?
    STARTING RAIT NAO

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information