StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Discovery Gone Wrong - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Survival - WINNERS LIST POSTED!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Announcing the StickPage Roadmap

Excellent, glad to hear it's going smoothly at least.

I have nothing to ask about right now, but I'll be sure to ask you about it if I have any questions.

The Universe In My Eyes Creepin_Bro's Avatar
    Sorry for pulling such a hard necro, but Jeff, the SP Roadmap hasn't had another post since the start of January

I can't remember clearly, but the percentages do look like they've gone up, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Yeah that's 5056 IFUKDURMOM drive, it's the house on the end and the road is a long one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    You know what's really long? The dick I'm gonna stick in your nostril you lil cumbucket spitoon ass bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Will that be cash or credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I'll take your food stamps card you broke crackwhore no-teeth having, giving gumjobs for a bump ass musty hag.

Or just any card. Debit or Bredit works

Yeah I haven't updated it much this year as there has been quite a few things that have gotten in the way. The new SP is still in active development though despite the lack of updates to the roadmap. After I finalized the design I wanted I realized I was going to need a more robust client framework, so most of 2016 has been devoted to nailing this so it can be used in all of my future web projects and not just StickPage. Once the framework is done (getting close), I intend to update the roadmap again to show it off and talk about it in more detail. From that point on the pieces of StickPage will start falling in to place and I will have many screenshots to share.

Are you being given some kind of deadline are you being given the freedom to pace yourself?

Oh hey, I forgot about this thing. Keep up the good work Jeff, I'm still excited to see the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    Are you being given some kind of deadline are you being given the freedom to pace yourself?
    At the moment I have the freedom to pace myself, but I have my own deadlines that I stick to as a good work ethic practice. I only change those deadlines if I can justify it, and in this case I have looked hard at the situation and believe the added up front time investment will be well worth the time saved in the future on both development and maintenance of my projects. It's the difference between putting building blocks together vs doing everything from scratch every project.

Thank god, finally

Edit: wrong post somehow
    Last edited by [f]; 11-13-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Any recent updates Jeff? I know you've been quite busy with this and other things but are there any details you can share? Maybe a rough idea of a release date? Thanks again!

Yeah I wish I had time to update this thing. It is what it is. In the last year I have finalized our backend architecture as well as settled on the tech stack that will be enabling the new design. SP has gone through several concept design stages before I settled on the current and final look, so it's been quite a journey figuring out how all these pieces fit together to execute the vision I have.

With this version I am paying special attention to enabling a seamless browsing experience. I want to encourage you to browse the site or engage in other activities by enabling activities to persist across page loads thus reducing the risk of navigating away. Here's an example of this in the way I am handling video playback on the site:

Spoiler for :

Keep in mind what you're seeing here is still very much WIP. It's in black & white because I design for contrast first before adding color.

At this very moment I am working on the portal upload workflow. In the same vein as the above, you'll be able to initiate an upload from any page simply by dragging and dropping a file:

Spoiler for :

This will begin the upload to the correct section of the portal (currently only animations and games), and allow you to fill out details about the animation without breaking whatever it is you're currently doing on the site. When you're done filling out the details of the submission you can minimize the upload to return to what you're doing. The upload will continue in the background (as long as you don't close the window), and you'll see this nifty indicator that lets you know what's going on with the upload while you browse:

It has compact and expanded states, so that even getting slightly more information without breaking your concentration is possible. I post about my progress occasionally in the Discord so if anyone wants to keep up to date feel free to check it out and ask questions.

Looks fantastic so far
    Things are going to change.

+1 post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information