StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Need help in OvC!

Need help in OvC!

Hi,
    I'm a 1.8k order player and have very little experience against chaos (less than 20 games).
    I don't know the general macro against chaos (especially early and transitioning to mid game).
    Here are some questions:
    1. How do i hold tower? What is the general build order for order? I don't know how to balance between miners and swords and when to build archer.
    2. When do i transition into spear? And how do i react against their dead/wing timings? Is there a gap in which they transition into mid game which i can exploit to slap their miners?
    3. What is the difference in how i should react against dead or wing builds? When i see wings i tend to spam more archers and get fire arrows first is this okay?

Here are some of my replays
    http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...1&version=2.29
    Here i go for sword opening but don't know the build needed to control tower and end up having to fall back and ca. I don't know how to fight vs wing builds
    http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...6&version=2.29
    Here I try to go for some archer start, what are some things i can improve on?
    Any help would b appreciated!

You want to start with two Swords and a Miner and repeat this again to end up with 4 swords on the field and 4 miners - from there you may want to repeat purchase 2|1 a third time. You really just need to learn to play against Crawlers and Bombers with your Swords but try to force mini trades where you can either target a Crawler and kill it or force the opponent to travel past all your healthy Swords to reach your weaker Swords (keep them further back) so your healthy Swords can hit the Crawlers as they run past. When a Sword drops below half health and your opponent briefly moves their Crawlers away from your base to regroup you want to garrison your Swords below half health as this is the best time to stop your opponent chasing down your retreating Sword.

You will then probably run into bombs as the 2 minute mark approaches or even earlier if your opponent is trying to pressure you. You need to just learn to split your Swords up and keep them spaced whenever you see or expect bombers. This does clash with before because the best way for you to maximise damage is to let your Swords clump up and force Crawlers to get hit by all of them to hit a Sword but it's a fine balancing act. Fortunately (in a way) this is found out very quickly and can decide the game if you mess up because you could lose all your Swords and if your opponent over extends they could lose all their Crawlers.

You want to transition into building Archers and more Miners once you have a decent amount of Swords and Miners out. A single Archer is very vulnerable to bomb attacks so keep that in mind but if you can keep it safe with Swords as deterrents and by not over extending so you can kite back then you shouldn't find it too hard to get up to 3 Archers. From here you will want Speartons and Archers streaming and your options open up a bit and depending on what your think the opponent will do (such as bomb heavy gameplay or a transition to deads and juggers or wings and juggers) you need to respond and pre-empt accordingly.

Deads and Juggs against Speartons and Archers is a micro intensive game for you to avoid poison but is very solid and reliable. Over time and as you introduce Merics and Cure this will slowly tip in your favour if you can keep pressure up and the opponent doesn't tech up further (poison doesn't do anything as it's repeatedly applied so mass Deads deal less damage than mass Archers)

Juggs and Wings against Speartons and Archers is also micro intensive and you'll need to learn to block Wings from sniping your Archers via Spear positioning AND handle Juggs trying to charge your Speartons out of position or stun your Archers but this is against also a very solid and reliable composition. You won't need Cure but Merics will help against Wings trying to snipe your Archers. Where as against Deads and Juggs you can opt for very few Spears and constant Archer streaming you will need a stronger emphasis on Spears here.

Speartons and Archer streaming followed by Merics is a really strong Order mid game and from here you can roll into Ninjas and Mages accordingly. If you can save a handful of Spears from death and garrison them the sudden surge in tanks can turn a game around so do try to salvage Spears nearing no health.
    Last edited by Skeletonxf; 12-20-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    You want to start with two Swords and a Miner and repeat this again to end up with 4 swords on the field and 4 miners - from there you may want to repeat purchase 2|1 a third time. You really just need to learn to play against Crawlers and Bombers with your Swords but try to force mini trades where you can either target a Crawler and kill it or force the opponent to travel past all your healthy Swords to reach your weaker Swords (keep them further back) so your healthy Swords can hit the Crawlers as they run past. When a Sword drops below half health and your opponent briefly moves their Crawlers away from your base to regroup you want to garrison your Swords below half health as this is the best time to stop your opponent chasing down your retreating Sword.

You will then probably run into bombs as the 2 minute mark approaches or even earlier if your opponent is trying to pressure you. You need to just learn to split your Swords up and keep them spaced whenever you see or expect bombers. This does clash with before because the best way for you to maximise damage is to let your Swords clump up and force Crawlers to get hit by all of them to hit a Sword but it's a fine balancing act. Fortunately (in a way) this is found out very quickly and can decide the game if you mess up because you could lose all your Swords and if your opponent over extends they could lose all their Crawlers.

You want to transition into building Archers and more Miners once you have a decent amount of Swords and Miners out. A single Archer is very vulnerable to bomb attacks so keep that in mind but if you can keep it safe with Swords as deterrents and by not over extending so you can kite back then you shouldn't find it too hard to get up to 3 Archers. From here you will want Speartons and Archers streaming and your options open up a bit and depending on what your think the opponent will do (such as bomb heavy gameplay or a transition to deads and juggers or wings and juggers) you need to respond and pre-empt accordingly.

Deads and Juggs against Speartons and Archers is a micro intensive game for you to avoid poison but is very solid and reliable. Over time and as you introduce Merics and Cure this will slowly tip in your favour if you can keep pressure up and the opponent doesn't tech up further (poison doesn't do anything as it's repeatedly applied so mass Deads deal less damage than mass Archers) Deads have the initial damage as well not just the poison yet the poison isn't instantaneously cured upon meric presence, therefore, you still take a bit of extra DOT. If you have the same number of deads attacking a spear as an order player does with archers attacking another spear; the chaos player will kill it first if both opponents have the same number of merics and both start off at the exact same time.

Juggs and Wings against Speartons and Archers is also micro intensive and you'll need to learn to block Wings from sniping your Archers via Spear positioning AND handle Juggs trying to charge your Speartons out of position or stun your Archers but this is against also a very solid and reliable composition. You won't need Cure but Merics will help against Wings trying to snipe your Archers. Where as against Deads and Juggs you can opt for very few Spears and constant Archer streaming you will need a stronger emphasis on Spears here.

Speartons and Archer streaming followed by Merics is a really strong Order mid game and from here you can roll into Ninjas and Mages accordingly. If you can save a handful of Spears from death and garrison them the sudden surge in tanks can turn a game around so do try to salvage Spears nearing no health.
    One tiny adjustment to that
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ps-and-Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by hey look a train! View Post
    were gunna be great partners in crime heh heh heh
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I'll teach you how to double clutch~
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

Yeah but when Order and Chaos are both streaming those Archers and Deads Order will end up with more Archers too.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    Yeah but when Order and Chaos are both streaming those Archers and Deads Order will end up with more Archers too.
    That doesn't disprove my edit in any way.
    Same numbers isn't the same as different numbers.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ps-and-Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by hey look a train! View Post
    were gunna be great partners in crime heh heh heh
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I'll teach you how to double clutch~
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

Yeah I guess the specifics of my point was slightly off but the general idea was right anyway.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Thanks for the help!!!

teamzenith.com/irc

Come into there sometime and msg me DAZ, Rain, Mystery, WyzDM, Otaku, Hash or whatever notable name you see there. It's easier to make a personal comment without pumu redtexting everywhere and give you active help (in-game). Also, I'll link an OvC guide here soon.

EDIT: You're welcome. http://www.teamzenith.com/forums/m/3...post/last#last
    Last edited by Dazzy; 01-09-2016 at 03:53 AM.
    Nice to meet you.

Thread Information