StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Detailed Guide On How To Order

Yo,Xaemon, well written dude . I enjoyed reading it and to be honest, this might let beginners be pro players with some practice :P. It is a great guide,but I thought if you say like ... how to deal with some build from your opponent like ninjalbows or giant massing. I mean if you have written things like these, it would be more great than it is.

You know what I mean . Keep it up buddy

Not a bad guide Mage, although called it "detailed guide" is a misnomer when it's really all the basics:

In short:
    How to kite
    Hotkeys
    Some 1.9k Order mid-game macro with oddities (e.g. SASM)

Also instant turtling is the worst thing to encourage new players to do. The most efficient start MMS directly counters it in economy (tower) and can do the same thing you do but better, and AM can archer dodge CA (but even if they don't, they have tower) - and then the moment they get up to a decent level where people learn how to break turtles they wonder why they're losing when they forsake basic rts concept of map control.

It's a satisfactory guide for people still inexperienced, but teaching people inefficient ways to de-sync merics and turtle won't hold much salt as they get into the upper echelons of players.

tl;dr if you have any qs about how to order send me a pm and i'll get back to you
    Nice to meet you.

Thanks DAZ. Although it is not quite up to par with the detailed aspect, the whole poijt of this thread is to start with the basics and add more detail to it in the future.

The only reason I added Instant Turtling was to show the very basics of turtling without having to deal with the absolute stress of turtling with a disadvantage right away without knowing fundamental aspects of turtling. I had a disclaimer of weaknesses for it but discarded my first paragraph of turtling as it wasn't organized.

TL;DR I would much appreciate your insight, I'll PM you when I am able.

For instant turtling:

Well there's no reason to not start MMS rather than MMM, or you put yourself at the economic disadvantage against any other start, for one.

Also, I'm a bit shorted by the fact that a lot of these images have no credits and seem to indicate you making such a "quality" guide. Lol.

Hey. Get fucked. http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...-Stick-Empires!
    Last edited by Dazzy; 01-08-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Nice to meet you.

Interesting how I gave credit to that on first publish.

Stop trying to pick fights and do yo' research.

A Stick Empires Player AsePlayer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XAEMON View Post
    Interesting how I gave credit to that on first publish.

Stop trying to pick fights and do yo' research.
    O snap daz he got u good
    Quote Originally Posted by sss
    You are the cancer of stickpage you fucking fuckity fuck fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by HashBrownTrials View Post
    By the time the new update comes out DAZ would've gone through puberty. Lel
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Also Fuck EvE. That's not a matchup. That's a rock-paper-I-don't-give-a-fuck.

Stick Empires Legend
    On the battlefield, destroying your statue.

Targeting Vulnerable Units

Quote Originally Posted by XAEMON View Post

With builds, Spearcher is the most reliable and safe of them all...
    So if the enemy targets your vulnerable units, e.g. Merics, Magikill, Archers, etc. How would you prevent them attacking them? I normally just move the targeted unit into the range of my Meric (I always buy two, just in case), so the Meric can heal them, then get the rest of my army to attack the unit attacking mine (bit confusing lol). What would you say to new players who face the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MohitNair07 View Post
    So if the enemy targets your vulnerable units, e.g. Merics, Magikill, Archers, etc. How would you prevent them attacking them? I normally just move the targeted unit into the range of my Meric (I always buy two, just in case), so the Meric can heal them, then get the rest of my army to attack the unit attacking mine (bit confusing lol). What would you say to new players who face the same problem?
    Just do that lol

Stick Empires Legend
    On the battlefield, destroying your statue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsePlayer View Post
    Just do that lol
    So what if they don't seem to have any vulnerable units? E.g. Spearton-Only Army. I tried attacking their Miners, but they just garrison their miners when they attack. Any solutions?

P.S. I'm a 1500 - 1600 player, looking to move my way up. Any tips for the higher ranks would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MohitNair07 View Post
    So what if they don't seem to have any vulnerable units? E.g. Spearton-Only Army. I tried attacking their Miners, but they just garrison their miners when they attack. Any solutions?

P.S. I'm a 1500 - 1600 player, looking to move my way up. Any tips for the higher ranks would be greatly appreciated.
    If spearton mass, just spam lightning wall lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information