StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Genre :: Round 6 | ROMANCE |

Battle of Genre :: Round 6 | ROMANCE |

Battle of Genre

Round Six - Romance

Ah, the sweet allure of dancing petals in the wind. All pink and fluttery like butterflies in your stomach or the wind passing her hair. This round is dedicated to the grand seduction known as Romance. Simple as it is difficult, the genre wishes to evoke feelings of love, passion and sweetness. You are tasked with the duty of causing heartstrings to be pulled from your readers, for them to be moved by the movements of your protagonist and wish their ships to sail forever in the sea of canon. Or in their own pond of non-canon.

Whichever, Romance is another one of those genres that focus heavily on characterization alongside heavy manipulation of your reader's feelings towards them. Done right, you create a wonderful read, dazzling your readers with a spectacle of kisses and possibly sex and if done wrong, well, it ends up in the gutter.

Good luck.
    Tournament Mechanics
    As to remind you guys of the rules:

Rounds last for at least 3 weeks. 2 weeks for the actual writing process and then a week for the polls.

The Polls
    Upon the end of the poll, I will award 5 points to its winner and 2 points for its loser.

The Challenges
    Challenges award the writer an additional 2 points if he gets it right but loses 2 points if he fails to meet it.

Comment and Critique
    We are here not only for friendly competition but for the learning experience. Who better to help than our fellow writers? As opposed to Hewitt's version I will separate its scores. For each CnC and for a maximum of 3, I will award 1 point to that participant. Saying its good in this part, or you liked that but disliked this is Comment on its own and awardable but those with substance, those that deliver points that that writer can reflect on will be awarded an additional point for that CnC. At the end of the tournament, I will tally everyone's CnC Score and the participant with the highest score will claim an additional Steam Key courtesy of Xate and Hewitt.

Late Entries
    Updated from the last round, I will be implementing a 2 point deduction for those that will pass a late entry. This will only affect the vote/challenge pool, leaving the CnC pool untarnished.

The Dos for each Round
    1. When the round is up, POST. Acknowledge your participation by saying who you'd be fighting against and post if you'd like a challenge to go with it.
    2. When you've finished your entry, post it in the ROUND thread in spoilers. Not here. To remove all errors in spacing, I'd like you all to simply post it here, prim and proper already. No GDocs or any other of its ilk.
    3. Once both participants have submitted their stories, I will create the thread. A week of voting will come by with it. Be sure to vote and CnC!

Story Requirements
    1. Be sure it ain't flash fiction. Words must not be below one thousand but cannot exceed twelve thousand.
    2. Adhere to the round's theme and if you administered a challenge, do it.

The Bracket
    Spoiler for :

The Leaderboards
    Spoiler for :

Romance examples if you needed the inspiration:
    ::

I can't really link you to DL links of the novels there, so Wikipages will be the only way.

Now remember, for the second time:
    1. Post here, acknowledging your participation by stating that you will write against your opponent AND if you would take a challenge.
    2. Once you've done the above, you may begin writing!
    3. After 2 weeks (DEADLINE -- March 21, 2016), you may submit your work in this thread in spoilers.
    4. Only I will make the battle thread
    5. Go have fun.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 03-24-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Spoiler for :

(crying softly)

Okay, count me in, and slap me with a challenge too. It's like I'm a masochist or something.

Yo I want to join thanks

I want a challenge, you robot!
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

I'm in as well. Hook me up with a challenge, bro
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

CHALLENGE ME :u

The " T " is silent. Tsar Bomba's Avatar
    Confirmed. A challenge, please.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." ~Omar Little

Spoiler for Is "The Wire" good?:

Accepted, brother.

Update <3:

Challenges sent and the Bracket is revealed.

Spoiler for :

Confirming my match and accepting a challenge

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information