StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: How to Counter Turtles as Elemental?

Elemental seems helpless against turtles the enemy can just spam spears and archers and 3 castle archers will literally wipe out any army you can think of as long as there are 2 miner walls

Most people start with a castle archer to prevent early game pressuring
    Last edited by _Ai_; 03-02-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    ಠ_ಠ
    Denpants

As the game progresses and you realize your opponent is going heavy on the defense, you should be free to make your economy unimpeded. This is perfect for you as you are able to conform rather easily to your opponents army comp. After making your base army of at least 3 trees and a few fires to accompany and waters for scorch you will be making a V followed by a few more. The V's can be used to steal his early spears and merics as he most likely has no other units in which to rush down your V effectively aside from swords in which case you have your fires and waters to cover your ass as he comes in to attempt to get rid of the threat. If he manages to get a shadow somehow, your job is to steal it first and use it as a tank and dps. Merics you can pretty much insta snipe if your opponent is over reliant on archers. As you are pressuring in this manner, you should be making two cycloids to threaten his army comp with tornado; as it takes two tornadoes to erase a massive chunk of his archers.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ps-and-Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by hey look a train! View Post
    were gunna be great partners in crime heh heh heh
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I'll teach you how to double clutch~
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

What level do you think this would work at pumu? I'm just curious and would like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I CANT BEAT WALLS WITH SPEAR MASS SO I'M GONNA GO ON THE FORUMS AND SPAM IN ALL CAPS THAT THEY SHOULD BE NERFED HKASJDFLASDNJK
    Quote Originally Posted by alternate View Post
    Ase, it seems lately, you are trying to get the new name of ASSplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    I you speak coherent English I could try to help you

I used it against 2.5+ order players. It should work fine against lower ratings as well.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

Would this strategy work on other opponents who don't turtle? Making trees, V's, fires and cycloids? Or is it exclusively an anti-turtle strategy.
    I CANT BEAT WALLS WITH SPEAR MASS SO I'M GONNA GO ON THE FORUMS AND SPAM IN ALL CAPS THAT THEY SHOULD BE NERFED HKASJDFLASDNJK

The trees and fires are for if your opponent is going to play like they normally would from the get go and not allow you to make economy for free without influencing it in some way and possibly crippling it as they rush down with a plethora of swords and archers with ts1 tank and/or additional spears. By starting with a tree base for your army and queing fires to support it you can slowly manipulate the field advantage and queing waters will force your opponent to not be so hasty about rushing those swords at your trees. When your opponent does turtle you should already have the advantage (which caused the opponent to decide its best to turtle) when this happens, your primary goal should be to get at least 1-2 V's to be able to manipulate the opponents army comp through possession. Generally your opponent will begin queing merics at some point in time to deal with the incoming poison damage and initial damage from your units. By stealing merics you gain a brief tank (I say brief because the merics will most likely be directly beside a line of enemy archers. Since the meric is in your possesion the volleys of arrows either cease entirely by a mass garrison without kiting or you have a quickly dead meric) and/or a possible healer if they abandon the meric.
    Taking spears from the opponent can have a massive influence as the opponent quickly loses a tank and you gain one for little cost.
    If you catch shadows beginning to run around, you should be aiming to bait and/or directly approach and steal it to use as a tank/assassin/dot unit. These will also greatly assist you in breaking the turtles as shinobi will make quick work of walls.
    Your cycloids will be a constant threat to their ranged units for the obvious reason that tornado can make quick work of them.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP

So it still works against non-turtling opponents if I use it in the way you said?

As long as you conform at the proper times you can prevent most of your opponents options increasing the chance of you winning. Nothing is guaranteed.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP

Okay thanks, I'll try this out and maybe I'll leave you feedback (if you don't mind).

Always happy to help out anyone I can for any empire. Gl to you
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP

Thread Information