StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Theory, the Wonderful World of Me RP

Chaos Theory, the Wonderful World of Me RP

In the absence of the current rp gms, Devour and Veir, along with consent from Veir and a few other rpers, I am going to be hosting a new rp for people who are interested to join.

Introduction:

You’re sitting in a theater chair, you can only see those to your right and left through your peripheral vision, but what draws your attention is the dark stage in front of you. With a yank the curtains snap open and you’re blinded by a white flood light, as your eyes adjust you could see the silhouette of a man standing jauntily. His right hand on his hip with his left hand hanging down, his legs slightly apart with his right leg bent slightly while the other is stretched in a diagonal angle. You can’t see much detail because of the light that surrounds him but you can see that his clothes are white while he wears on his head a top hat. The light dims and more turn on, evening out the brightness. So now you could get a good look at the man. He wears a clean, crisp, white suit with a crimson tie and he wore a porcelain, shield-shaped mask, a happy expression painted on. The eyes were shallow upside down U’s and it had a big gaping smile, you can only see black behind the expression. “Welcome everyone,” he laughed and spun, ending with a curt bow. “My name is Abra and I have recruited you all to amuse me.”

A map slid down behind him and he waved his hand over it all, “This is the Wonderful World of Me. Now you guys will start somewhere and then make your way around,” he waved his hand once again. “Then make your way through it all to end up here.” He once again waved vaguely. “That’s how you win, by making it through the map, easy no?” The map was as vague as his instructions, nothing more than a circle with phrases written in tiny characters all about. If you could zoom in, you could read them stating, “If you can read this, you’re looking too close and not paying enough attention to Abra.”

Now you must be wondering, what’ll you be going through? Who’ll you have to fight? And I respond with this. Why should I tell?” He chuckled, and pretended to clean dust from beneath his fingernails, an action impossible thanks to the white gloves he wore. “You guys will fight beings of my choosing, they’ll be from anywhere and everywhere, so try to survive. Now look to your left and to your right, be cordial and be sure to wave and greet each other kindly.” He stated nonchalantly, knowing his captives were glued where they sat and could only stare at him. “These are your teammates, be sure to work together if you want to even try to win this.”

He scratched his head and looked from his audience back at the map, “You guys don’t need this anymore right?” He turned back and flames enwreathed the map, burning it to ash and filling the stage with black smog. “Now that you know everything let me ask you a question, who are you?” A bright white light pierced through and a train flew over their heads with Abra at the helm, “First stop! Candyland!” He announced.

You live in a world where there is diversity. From human, to maybe not so human, from cybertech to magic, just imagine the possibilities. Now you create what you want, just nothing too strong or useless or you'll ruin Abra's game, and he gets angry when you try to ruin his fun. You don't want to see him angry.

Now answer Abra’s question, WHO R U? Picture references are okay if you want to add them.
    Spoiler for Character Application:

Now you guys will be deposited within a train station. It’s about 40 feet across, 30 feet wide, and in the middle sits a ticket booth that’s the size of a van. There are benches scattered around so choose your place to spawn. The scenery is strange to say the least, it seemed to be two dimensions that were joined together, with the station and train tracks that stretched from one horizon to the other being the stitches. One half there is a desert, the sky had no clouds and a hot sun blasted down on the hard, cracked, sandy plains. All there could be seen on the cracked, dry land is heat mirages and swirls of sand, neither a cactus nor tumbleweed to be seen.

The other half is truly a Candyland forest. The sky is a baby blue with candy floss white clouds, the sun practically dancing in the sky. The ground is covered in grass that looked to be made of licorice. The trees were a mixture of pines and oak. The oak leaves were made of glass-like sugar and the trunks were peppermint sticks. The pine trees have trunks made of dark chocolate filled with caramel sap, the needles are white chocolate shavings and the pinecones are made of milk chocolate. As you admire the scenery you get attracted to the sound of snapping branches and turn your head to see Abra snapping twigs off the pine trees and when he turned to look at you, he popped a pine cone into his mouth. He seemed to not be impaired by chewing as he gulped down more and more chocolate, “Welcome to Candyland. Now that we’re here let me explain how to reach me.” He finished and walked away, soon his muffled steps turned into clips and clops as he stepped off the forest ground and onto a path that seemed to be made of jolly ranchers. “You simply follow this road to me. Now you have to follow this road, if you step off the path and get lost, then well…” He laughs and began walking down the path.

PM your character sheet. Limit will be… I don’t know. I’ll let people PM me characters for a week, then I’ll choose. I’ll post on this thread who are accepted, so watch for edits, and then once everyone is ready, we’ll begin with people posting their first move.

Spoiler for Rules:

Characters

Spoiler for Cassandra:

Spoiler for Mrskully:

Spoiler for Haru:

Spoiler for DelorMaximus:

Spoiler for Errorblender:

Spoiler for Spacepunk:
    Last edited by Aquila; 06-30-2016 at 08:47 AM.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

OOC: Guess I'll start it off then.

Puzzled by the strangeness of this world, and the mysterious powers of Abra himself, Grant skipped introductions with the others and stepped onto the jolly rancher pathway. The man was a showman, and Grant knew that if he followed him and played by his rules Abra would reveal himself at a vulnerable state. And Grant only needed a second for him to show Abra who was really boss.

He started walking down the strange candy road while smiling to himself, enjoying his fantasy. At least this place wasn't a void.

Nocturn gazes at his new surroundinds, his darkened eyes observed the contrast of Lantern's Cross'dismal gray and blue from the bright colors of this new landscape. It honestly blinded him, metaphorically speaking, at how bright this place was. The port city where he came from was blasted with torrential rains regularly, winds the speeds of gale storm were commonplace and the tide was unrelenting. People lost to sea, snatched straight from the shore and dragged into the merciless depths were as common as thievery.

But this place, skin-deep he supposed, was all sunshine. He didn't despise it, he was just simply reluctant to believe a place existed. Noctum tore his eyes from the view and moved his attention to something more, his allies: their forms radiated with a light yellow mist, hovering around them like a cloak: their electrical fields. He took notice to how strong each of it was, it indicated how strong their hearts were, how fast it was beating and how stressed each of them were. It was a sort of mindreading but it was mostly for when he... fed. The virus homed in on these fields and used his body to gorge on blood and flesh.

He attempted to lick his lips but he forgot he lost those. He lost his cheeks and most of his skin, in fact. What remained of his face was nothing but everything above his nose; the rest was metallic skeletal remains. He was sitting down as the man known as Abra intoduced himself, taught them he was the man in charge. Who cares?

He was an abomination, a parody of human life and simply a man without anything else to live for. He could simply just stay here, let Abra kill him and be done with it all, his suffering and the suffering he caused others on Lantern's Cross would be over. It could all be done.

So he sat down, watched the others with their lives in their hands and within their control. How lucky of them, he thought. Mine was snatched away.

Spoiler for :

Dead on Arrival TheLordAndSavant's Avatar
    Nox looked around, a deep scowl on his face, and was about to begin screaming for that coward to come out and fight him, when he finally noticed the several people that were in his general vicinity. He thought to himself, Oh, cripes. If I'm to get out of here unscathed, I better make some "friends." Putting on his "innocent face," Nox walked up to the group that consisted of the most people.

"Howdy! I'm Nox! Nox Invictus! Can you believe that guy?" He said, the image of an enthusiastic, yet slightly worried and more than a little dense, bystander. "Do you think we'll die? I have to get back to my flowers! They'll need watering soon!"

Z looked around intrigued by all the things going on around him. This place, these people, the whole scenario. It was all new to him. Z observed those around him who were in the same situation just as confused as him and knowing they all had the same question in their heads. Z pulled his hood over his head to avoid too many unwanted gazes. He looked at the others seeing a few who stood out more than others. Some who were a bit too outgoing for his taste, and some who were a bit more kept to themselves.

Z did not want to go out of his way to help any of them but he figured he might as well give a few of them a nudge in the right direction so they could at least raise Z's chances he walked by some of the others. He walked by a man who came off as a corpse to Z at first but it was still a thinking being. Z looked over seeing another who was excitable. Z heard him say he was 'Nox'. He watched as someone was already heading down the path. Z then focused his gaze on the corpse like man "we should follow. Best not to be left behind" Z said as he looked back at the Bright trail.
    "I can draw, I can write, I can debate, but I chose to Animate"

~Z

Nocturn looked up, his face stared at the person who had given him some notice.

"Follow? Where exactly do you intend to go?" His voice was hoarser than he expected, he hasn't been speaking for a long time... his self exile was probably the cause of that. It didn't stop the virus from paying visits to the town however which made him rethink the entire hermit life during those days.

He met the man's eyes, different colors the both of them unlike his own. He wondered whether he should allow himself to be moved, to follow the people that were trapped along with him. He was sure these living people would be able to get around on their own, what is the use of a metal puppet with a half a life?

He groaned and stood up, his body was heavy but over the time he was infected, he had grown accustomed to it. The gears and cogs along his spine moved, their metallic sounds punctuated his movements, a constant reminder of his current state.

He hated that.

Even after standing, the man was taller than he was a good five or six inches so but he dared to maintain eye contact.

"Where to?" Noctum said slowly.

Spoiler for :

Timothy looked around, a bit shocked of all the candy around him.
    He quickly got over it, and popped a jolly rancher in his mouth.
    While casually sucking on it, he passed the group and began strolling down the path.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Z observed the man and his dark features and the way he moved about. Z extended his hand toward the trail "seems to be our only way out. Someone else seems eager to go first." Z said as he held the back of his own head letting out a sigh "I would like to hope someone knows more about what's going on than I. 'Selected for my entertainment'? This man... He has a lot in store for us." Z shrugged as he approached the trail and looked up at what he was walking into "I don't plan to die again. Not yet anyway." He looked over his should back at the corpse-like man "what's your name anyway?" He asked as he crossed his arms not being to hasty to leave the theatre.
    "I can draw, I can write, I can debate, but I chose to Animate"

~Z

The Universe In My Eyes Creepin_Bro's Avatar
    John stood up immediately and gathered his priorities in his head
    He thought this candy land was kinda cool, and definitely loved the abilities/equipment, but he knew he needed to out of here

then walked over to the Metal Man and the Shadow, the clanking reminding him how heavy his armor was, and asked if he could join them

He introduced himself to any one who would listen

then he attempted to get the others that had started leaving, to come back

team work would be important, and it seemed better to join an existing team, rather than start a new one
    the more people in a group, the more likely others would join

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Yeah that's 5056 IFUKDURMOM drive, it's the house on the end and the road is a long one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    You know what's really long? The dick I'm gonna stick in your nostril you lil cumbucket spitoon ass bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Will that be cash or credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I'll take your food stamps card you broke crackwhore no-teeth having, giving gumjobs for a bump ass musty hag.

Or just any card. Debit or Bredit works

[OOC: @Creepin_Bro: Peeve of mine, I suppose but try to use dialogue instead of telling us that your character is telling the guys this thing. It's an RP, meant to be immersive on characters. Not just statements. ]

Nocturn's eyes are directed to the where the man pointed his finger. The trail was clear enough and two others, clear as day due to their cloak-like fields, were moving towards it.

He snuck a peek behind him, the others trapped in the theatre were just there wondering what to do and the other man introduced himself as Nox. His breath seeped through his teeth and looked back at the red and blue eyed man. He mentioned dying again and then asked for his name.

Dying again? Try dying each day, never feeling the warmth of the Last Lantern over your spirit. He scoffed, or what passed off as one.

"Nocturn," he said simply. He could care less about this man's name. Perhaps it would silence him a bit if he knew his. "Better move then, death isn't a pleasant thing for you is it?"

He ignored another voice behind him, he reckoned that it wasn't 'Nox', since it was different sounding.

Spoiler for :

Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information