StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Invitation: Mafia Championship Season 3 - Azure Representing!

If I can get a link to see an example of how one of these qualifying games played out I might be willing to participate. I don't know if I like mafia in general or if I just liked playing it with you guys back in the day, I just want to get a general idea of what I'm signing up for

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If I can get a link to see an example of how one of these qualifying games played out I might be willing to participate. I don't know if I like mafia in general or if I just liked playing it with you guys back in the day, I just want to get a general idea of what I'm signing up for
    http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...a-Championship

Here's an example game. Note that the setup itself is different - it was 17 players and multiple power roles. This season it's 15 players and no power roles at all.

Thanks after looking through it I think I'll pass

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Final reminder: If your community hasn't picked a representative yet, your deadline is by the end of tomorrow (April 23). Ignore this part if you've already chosen your representative, of course.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

That's cool and all but 4/5ths of the message being a shameless plug advertising that forum killed the vibe a little. What mafia website has a section dedicated to fucking stick figure animation if they weren't trying to leech users from animation sites lmao
    Last edited by Devour; 04-22-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Risque

I think what he means is that there's a player representing a stickfigure animation forum (i.e. Azure repping SP). I don't think he made a subforum dedicated to stickfigure animation on the mafia website.

FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 10 @ JUNE 5 (72/24 Phase Lengths w/ 7 PM EST deadline)
    @Amanuensis (17th Shard)
    @autolycus (The Org)
    @Azure (Stickpage)
    @Brandon (Supercell Games: Clash of Clans)
    @enderfive (EscapeRestart)
    @jonyj1005 (Art of Problem Solving)
    @lute (Mafia Universe)
    @Makaze (Serenes Forest)
    @Midorikawa (Bulbagarden)
    @musicneverdies (Braingle)
    @Shapelog (Team Liquid)
    @Tammy (westeros)
    @TheParanoidAndroid (Town of Salem Forums)
    @Voxxicus (Dark Lord Potter)
    @[NSM] Nocturne (NSM Forums)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
    We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
    2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write [MENTION=8963]Thingyman[/MENTION] or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
    This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
    Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I think what he means is that there's a player representing a stickfigure animation forum (i.e. Azure repping SP). I don't think he made a subforum dedicated to stickfigure animation on the mafia website.
    This is true. We don't have a subforum dedicated to stickfigure animation.

Though fwiw I used to enjoy stickfigure animations A LOT. Esp the ones where they started with a grp of stickfigures and only one would survive in the end (or sometimes not even survive) :P

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information