StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Playing against those elementals

  1. #1
    Living Human
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cyrodil
    Posts
    5

    Playing against those elementals

    I have not played this game in a while, as the last time I played elementals didn't exist. I have absolutely no idea how to play against them, popular strategies used by players playing as them, and I haven't even memorized all of their units. Any and all advice or tips to play against them would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Circles aren't edgy Firewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    563
    SSM --> Miner spam with occasional swords --> Archer stream --> Wall --> Merics --> Spears w/ shield wall and bash --> Shadowrath with shinobi 2 --> Mage --> Stall for as long as humanely possible --> Win
    Spoiler for old stuff:

  3. #3
    Senior Member empiresma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Dark Kingdom.
    Posts
    524

  4. #4
    Senior Member Zomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    345
    AM works better than SSM because you'll win tower (unless they go air start in which case theyre giving you the game anyway). If its a small map and they go fire start just outspace it and follow with a sword and another archer to push them back.

    In most cases they will ignore tower and spam miners to go into fast trees. From AM you just spam your own miners, and make 1 sword to test for castle air. When you can just flow out a stream of miners swords and archers and then go heavy into mana to get all necessary upgrades (hustle, passives, fire arrows, shinobi). Get walls up and a spear with spear wall + CA if he pushes you off tower or tower spawn if you're able to hold it.

    From then on you'll just want order deathball - ninja/meric/mage/spears. You dont really need archers unless they're making charrogs with fires/airs for some reason, since mages and ninjas have enough dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Press G to Win
    Quote Originally Posted by ARIVILIAR View Post
    If I don't get unbanned in 48 hours, I will revenge so hard that CRAZYJAY will lose his game....

  5. #5
    Friendliest SP Member PUMU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NARNIA
    Posts
    2,280
    Keeping those archers however will give the ele player reason to que a unit to get rid of them. Utilize your archers as much as you are able and be conservative and/or methodical about utilizing spears in your sword/archer/meric stall as competent ele can manipulate what you are able to do with the wave after wave of scorplings supported by fires that is then teched into V. With the proper ele macro timing the ele user can have a v or two alongside 3 trees and at least 2-3 fired by roughly between 4-5 mins. The v will then target units of interest such as your merics, shadows, or spears to utilize as tanks against your archers and Ca in which case the only option you would have to safely approach without killing off your stolen units is to run at the v with melee units such as your swords and/or additional shadowrath. The ele player can still counter play by dealing damage with the scorps and queing waters to catch the shadows if they fail to shinobi which dodging shadows as the ele player with the v is rather simple. Those waters will freeze the shadow if you opt to shinobi attempt too early or too late and still press in meanwhile the remainder of the ele units tack on damage to the walls and eventually the remainder of your units. If both players micro well, it can be just a very long process eventually leading to ele sacrificing trees and chomplers to make room for more V's that can become scary af if used properly with clone micro and The actual v control. Unlike chaos, order lacks ranged instant kills to which you can take full advantage by selecting targets beyond casting range as ele v and unless the opponent opts to shinobi out of range will allow for free possessions. It's a really difficult process that is tough to explain, even to higher ranked players, however if you get some experience in the mu and perfect your macro timing and individual unit control, the whole endeavor will become a tad less strenuous for you and raises the potential of a higher w ratio against ele in EvO

    Hopefully someone else can word this in a manner that is easily read.
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ps-and-Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by hey look a train! View Post
    were gunna be great partners in crime heh heh heh
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I'll teach you how to double clutch~
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

  6. #6
    Living Human
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cyrodil
    Posts
    5
    Thanks guys two questions though 1. Can Vs choose who they control and is there a limit on the units they can control (can they take them all) 2. why is the air start bad for them? the airs do lost of damage and are good against my spears, swords, and shadows

  7. #7
    Living Human
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cyrodil
    Posts
    5
    by limits i meant strength not numbers
    Last edited by Dudebroguy; 06-01-2016 at 05:06 PM. Reason: typo

  8. #8
    Senior Member Zomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    345
    V's can control anything, even giants, but only 1 unit. And yes, they choose which unit they control.

    Air start is bad because you cant make any earths (miners) along with it, and the air takes a pretty long time to make. So you'll get tower but by that time the order player would have a bigger economy lead and it wouldn't even matter. Airs are pretty good against spears swords and shadows of course but they get destroyed by mages and archers, so making a lot of them isn't really ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Press G to Win
    Quote Originally Posted by ARIVILIAR View Post
    If I don't get unbanned in 48 hours, I will revenge so hard that CRAZYJAY will lose his game....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    under you
    Posts
    886
    @zomar Well making a good amount of airs is okay as long as you get support units to kill the wizard. Airs are excellent against archers as long as they have sufficient tank (like any ranged unit except dead).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I CANT BEAT WALLS WITH SPEAR MASS SO I'M GONNA GO ON THE FORUMS AND SPAM IN ALL CAPS THAT THEY SHOULD BE NERFED HKASJDFLASDNJK
    Quote Originally Posted by alternate View Post
    Ase, it seems lately, you are trying to get the new name of ASSplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    I you speak coherent English I could try to help you

  10. #10
    Senior Member Zomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    345
    In theory, what you say makes perfect sense. But you've also got fire arrows which will zone them out and ignore any ground tanks, and 1 poison spray will either force a premature water usage or a retreat. But a few cycloids > anything that order can make, so at the end ele should win 100% of games, its just possible to stall them out for a while and potentially win if they're bad enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Press G to Win
    Quote Originally Posted by ARIVILIAR View Post
    If I don't get unbanned in 48 hours, I will revenge so hard that CRAZYJAY will lose his game....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •