StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Who should my next Character be in the future?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laydon Ethernu (Ralph Ethernu's son)

1 50.00%
  • Sharpiro, Master of the Spell Sword

2 100.00%
  • "Origami" Jeff (The Blind Bandit) & Giona (The Origami Crane)

1 50.00%
  • Someone new

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethernu, The "Gem-Eyed" Swordsman

Yes Sharpiro, a spar means it's not a fight for points.

In regards to your weapon, having it transform into anything basically means it can transform into everything right?
    Like if your wRHG is up against another wRHG with a staff + Ethernu turns his weapon into a Star Wars lightsaber (or even a flamethrower) = other wRHG gets wrecked....

Is that how it is???

That's pretty powerful. I mean, if Vamprina went up against him, what if he suddenly pulls out the equivalent (or higher) of the Alien Blaster from Fallout 3? She's good, but not against a blaster that shoots literal NUKES.

If you want a weapon that can do almost everything, maybe have Ethernu have a single weapon that is good at the standard three ranges:

Melee, Mid-Range, Long-Range

Examples: Melee (brass knuckles), Mid-Range (bolas), Long-Range (sniper rifle)

Also, if his weapon is capable of transforming into a whole bunch of different ones, then does that mean he knows exactly how to use every single one? Does he have experience with everything? Does he only generate ones according to his experience?
    Last edited by Cassandra; 06-01-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: experience???
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Yes Sharpiro, a spar means it's not a fight for points.

In regards to your weapon, having it transform into anything basically means it can transform into everything right?
    Like if your wRHG is up against another wRHG with a staff + Ethernu turns his weapon into a Star Wars lightsaber (or even a flamethrower) = other wRHG gets wrecked....

Is that how it is???

That's pretty powerful. I mean, if Vamprina went up against him, what if he suddenly pulls out the equivalent (or higher) of the Alien Blaster from Fallout 3? She's good, but not against a blaster that shoots literal NUKES.

If you want a weapon that can do almost everything, maybe have Ethernu have a single weapon that is good at the standard three ranges:

Melee, Mid-Range, Long-Range

Examples: Melee (brass knuckles), Mid-Range (bolas), Long-Range (sniper rifle)

Also, if his weapon is capable of transforming into a whole bunch of different ones, then does that mean he knows exactly how to use every single one? Does he have experience with everything? Does he only generate ones according to his experience?
    hmmm, good point, however, remember that Ethernu is still a normal human being, If he shot a nuke, it would kill him, also he does not have super strength so the wepons recoil could even knock him to the ground. maybe I'm make it so that each morph takes a fraction of his energy, but remember that he dosn't like killing people so, he might hesitate to use a morph that can kill the other wRHG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao-tzu
    "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
    wRHG Availability: Yes
    Spoiler for RHGs:

Haha yeah I suppose being a human makes you more susceptible to nukes...

But unless he has at least basic knowledge of every weapon in the known and unknown universe, I don't really see how he could just make the weapon turn into anything. I suppose it would make sense if he knew how to use only two weapons really well (e.g. pistol, katana), and often switched his weapon back and forth into just those two. If he heard of some sort of cool other weapon similar to those (e.g. flamethrower, lightsaber), he might try them out to see how he can manipulate them using the knowledge from the other two weapons he uses the most.

Right?
    Last edited by Cassandra; 06-02-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Haha yeah I suppose being a human makes you more susceptible to nukes...

But unless he has at least basic knowledge of every weapon in the known and unknown universe, I don't really see how he could just make the weapon turn into anything. I suppose it would make sense if he knew how to use only two weapons really well (e.g. pistol, katana), and often switched his weapon back and forth into just those two. If he heard of some sort of cool other weapon similar to those (e.g. flamethrower, lightsaber), he might try them out to see how he can manipulate them using the knowledge from the other two weapons he uses the most.

Right?
    I think I should rephase the word any weapon into tools because I want him to be able to use a grapple gun. I've got it! I'll make of list of tools he morphs the blade to and how common they are used, I would like to throw in some new morphs to play with sometimes, perhaps every 2 months I'll update the morphs list
    "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
    Spoiler for RHGs:

update:
    - one weakness removed
    - morph list added
    - added update and news list
    - befriended the Grim Reaper
    - taught the grim reaper origami
    Last edited by Sharpiro; 06-02-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler for RHGs:

Whoa, careful there Sharpiro .

If you want to prevent yourself from double-posting, just edit your most recent post.

By the way, nice work with the morph weapons fix.

EDIT: When you're finished editing your character, we can discuss our battle through PM. We'll also have to remind ourselves to change the statuses of our gladiators just in case someone tries to challenge us while we're in queue.

Spoiler for A smiley for your enjoyment:
    Last edited by Cassandra; 06-02-2016 at 05:20 PM. Reason: EDIT...

My wRHG, Samael

Of Regret and Longing. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Whoa, careful there Sharpiro .

If you want to prevent yourself from double-posting, just edit your most recent post.

By the way, nice work with the morph weapons fix.

EDIT: When you're finished editing your character, we can discuss our battle through PM. We'll also have to remind ourselves to change the statuses of our gladiators just in case someone tries to challenge us while we're in queue.

Spoiler for A smiley for your enjoyment:
    I believe it's alright as long as it's updates.
    Current wRHG : Baer

Availability:
    Ready.

Where Night and Day hold hands with each other
    Yeah, double posts are fine as long as they're updates made by the OP of the thread~

Also a fine gladiator you have here deary~good luck in future battles~!
    o w o

Noted! Thanks acutelatios and Kamiroo!

My wRHG, Samael

Quote Originally Posted by acutelatios View Post
    Yeah, double posts are fine as long as they're updates made by the OP of the thread~

Also a fine gladiator you have here deary~good luck in future battles~!
    o w o
    Thx and understood

update-
    - new tools added to the morph list
    - battling Cassandra (rematch)
    - More info on backstory
    - played hopscotch with the grim reaper
    EDIT: Hitlist added
    Last edited by Sharpiro; 12-04-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    Spoiler for RHGs:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information