StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming StickPage Animation Competitions - Huge Cash Prizes To Be Won!

Upcoming StickPage Animation Competitions - Huge Cash Prizes To Be Won!

It's officially summer time! That means free time is going through the roof for a lot of ambitious animators right now, so why not spend some of it making some money doing what you love? We are finally kick starting a brand new animation competition THIS FRIDAY with an absolutely massive $5,000 in potential prizes to be won! This is the largest amount we've ever put towards a competition, and with good reason. We want to help inspire creativity in young animators and give them as many opportunities to build their skills as we can. So, we've been rethinking the way we've normally run competitions and decided to try something different this time around to give more people a chance to get something for their efforts. There will be a total of 15 placements in which you can earn some money, as opposed to our normal 3-5. With $5,000 being spread across 15 placements, there is a much higher chance you'll walk away with something!

That's not all though, this first competition actually marks the beginning of a series of competitions we will be putting on throughout the year from this point forward. In total we are aiming to have 4 major competitions occur every year - with one happening every 3 months, each with a different theme and a cash prize. That means that after this competition is finished, a brand new one will take it's place THIS October! So even if you're busy for this one, another one is just around the corner! We will also be announcing the theme of the next competition 2 weeks before it's set to begin, so you will have time in advance to prepare.

Excited yet? There's still more. Due to the increase in potential placements, we have also decided to get rid of the "animator rank" for this competition - everyone will be considered on the same level. In the past we saw that the difference between "Intermediate" and "Pro" was not always so black and white. Occasionally an intermediate entry was actually better than it's pro counterparts, and might have won more money if it was entered at the pro level. Having more potential prizes means that you're far more likely to earn more if you put in the effort, but still feel comfortable knowing you likely won't walk away with nothing.

So what about beginners? Doesn't this make it harder for them to get anything? We're ahead of you on that! Starting Friday, July 15th - two weeks after this first competition is set to begin - a secondary beginners competition will start along side this one with it's own $1,000 in potential prizes across 5 placements, it's own set of rules, and maybe even it's own theme! It will also kick off an additional set of 4 competitions per year for beginners only. That's right, in total we will be running 8 separate competitions - all with cash prizes - every year. This is our investment in you as a community. We believe you can do great things, and we hope this will help serve as incentive for you to build your skills and accomplish your goals as artists and creatives.

Check out these animations to see some good examples of previous competition favorites:

Also please check out these schedules to see our currently planned competition dates for 2016 & 2017:

Main Competitions
    No. Date Theme
    1. Friday, July 1st, 2016 Video Game Parody
    2. Saturday, October 1st, 2016 To Be Announced
    Saturday, September 17th, 2016
    3. Sunday, January 1st, 2017 To Be Announced
    Sunday, December 18th, 2016
    4. Saturday, April 1st, 2017 To Be Announced
    Saturday, March 18th, 2017

Beginner Competitions
    No. Date Theme
    1. Friday, July 15th, 2016 Bringing a Knife to a Gun Fight
    2. Saturday, October 15th, 2016 To Be Announced
    Saturday, October 1st, 2016
    3. Sunday, January 15th, 2017 To Be Announced
    Sunday, January 1st, 2017
    4. Saturday, April 15th, 2017 To Be Announced
    Saturday, April 1st, 2017
    Did you know we're also sponsoring individual animations for money?
    See this thread for details!
    Last edited by Jeff; 07-01-2016 at 12:13 PM.

:O
    Beginner competition?

I'll still participate in the other competitions tho
    G O T T A G O F A S T
    BurntSticks-FrameByFrame-Toxigen
    Spoiler for Wise words:

Spoiler for Pictures of somethingness:

Sounds exciting. Good luck to all ye animators out there!

youtube.com/kronusfa
    YES IM IN DIS~
    KronusFA - Alif Muyyasar 2017
    Facebook
    Youtube
    Hyunsdojo
    Deviantart

I Will Become Pirate King Atsukedaime's Avatar
    OH YES IM IN DIS 2
    *click*

---------
    -YT- | -Facebook- | -Deviant Art- | -Hyuns Dojo-
    ---------

A Stick Empires Player AsePlayer's Avatar
    Good luck! I expect to see some epic stuffs as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by sss
    You are the cancer of stickpage you fucking fuckity fuck fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by HashBrownTrials View Post
    By the time the new update comes out DAZ would've gone through puberty. Lel
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Also Fuck EvE. That's not a matchup. That's a rock-paper-I-don't-give-a-fuck.

It would also be nice to create a collab out of all the entries once the competition is over. And something tells me you'll need to take measures against HyunsDojo members that come over, win the competition and then immediately go back to their own forum, rinse repeat.
    Last edited by Cronos; 06-28-2016 at 01:09 AM.

I think not allowing the promotion of other communities in any way in the animation would do well. Of course it won't stop the animators from going somewhere else, but at least those who do watch those animations will go to stickpage instead of anywhere else, and some of those might possibly stay.

Certified Piece of Shit Externus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Due to the increase in potential placements, we have also decided to get rid of the "animator rank" for this competition - everyone will be considered on the same level. In the past we saw that the difference between "Intermediate" and "Pro" was not always so black and white. Occasionally an intermediate entry was actually better than it's pro counterparts, and might have won more money if it was entered at the pro level. Having more potential prizes means that you're far more likely to earn more if you put in the effort, but still feel comfortable knowing you likely won't walk away with nothing.
    I'd like to credit myself for this new change/breaking the rank system by pumping out an animation in 2 days to win 1st place by default during GTL2. I'll do something actually good this time I swear.

Also, personally, I'd like to just add my impinging opinion. I believe there is no really need for a beginner animation bracket. As harsh as that sounds, I have to just reiterate that sponsorships used to be dealt in regards of content and merit, not just equality and inclusion. It's just throwing away money that could be used elsewhere or just pocketed. Stressing only an intermediate and pro bracket will incentivize new animators to hone their skills and practice religiously to make the cut, not just to complete 2 minutes of animation and be dealt a gold star, an A for effort, and a husky sum of cash. These animations, unfortunately, will garner no attention as their shadowed by larger, more complex animations, and just don't really serve any purpose, so I doubt it'd be in the best interest of Crazy Jay either. It may behoove the showrunners to consider amending the beginner animation bracket to a more humble list. That said, I don't want to just disregard the new animators, because that's not fair. But at the same time, I think we should be focusing on reestablishing friendly competition (helpfully ignited by money), inviting higher-skill animators to lead as role models, and to reignite traffic through mutual interest, for all parties---staff, content creators, and audience. Honestly, I believe this site could use a moderate amount of elitism, not to exclude, but to encourage.
    Last edited by Externus; 06-28-2016 at 04:05 AM.
    When petitioners used to come for information to the table at which I sat, I used to grind my teeth at them, and felt intense enjoyment when I succeeded in making anybody unhappy. I almost did succeed.

In your deepest fantasy. poppetje3D's Avatar
    My body is ready.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information