StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming StickPage Animation Competitions - Huge Cash Prizes To Be Won!

ok thanks,but you also forgot to answer my other question,lol
    G O T T A G O F A S T
    BurntSticks-FrameByFrame-Toxigen
    Spoiler for Wise words:

Spoiler for Pictures of somethingness:

Oh by live test I meant that the roadmap website will be running on my new web server build. It's mostly a technical thing, when we start testing SP it will be a private beta, then a public beta when we're ready. We will have an announcement thread before then detailing the entire thing.

YESSSSSS new competitionsss. I can't wait!!!! Currently clearing my schedule so I can enter.

BTW I call dibs on dark souls lel. It's miiinne
    Last edited by Seagull; 06-28-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Externus View Post
    I'm here to make money and use lens flares. And I'm all out of lens flares.

Certified Piece of Shit Externus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbounded View Post
    This just isn't true, and this is not what would happen.

Sure, a few here and there might be incentivized by being thrown in with the sharks, but for many, many new animators, (or people who hone any skill for that matter), being thrown in with the best of the best is extremely discouraging and only guarantees that most will quit, thinking that they don't and won't have what it takes to succeed. It's the same reason why videogames don't put you at the highest possible level to start with.

Throwing people in who just downloaded flash and watched a tutorial on how to make a stick figure run in with people who have been animating for 5+ years will just spell disaster.
    I don't see the point in giving people who just downloaded Flash money? With all due respect, this isn't a charity or a preschool. Also, I feel like you're underestimating the ambition of animators.
    When petitioners used to come for information to the table at which I sat, I used to grind my teeth at them, and felt intense enjoyment when I succeeded in making anybody unhappy. I almost did succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Oh by live test I meant that the roadmap website will be running on my new web server build. It's mostly a technical thing, when we start testing SP it will be a private beta, then a public beta when we're ready. We will have an announcement thread before then detailing the entire thing.
    I SO call dibs on this if possible.

I don't see the point in giving people who just downloaded Flash money? With all due respect, this isn't a charity or a preschool. Also, I feel like you're underestimating the ambition of animators.
    I don't think we have the same idea about what a beginner is exactly lol

A beginner is not somebody who "just downloaded flash" a beginner is a promising animator who obviously shows potetntial, but he/she just doesn't have that much experience yet. We're talking maybe 2 years of experience or less, not 2 days.

Certified Piece of Shit Externus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    A beginner is not somebody who "just downloaded flash" a beginner is a promising animator who obviously shows potetntial, but he/she just doesn't have that much experience yet. We're talking maybe 2 years of experience or less, not 2 days.
    I don't think we have the same idea about what a beginner is exactly lol
    I didn't say that's what a beginner is. The guy I responded to said throwing on people who just downloaded flash with people of 5+ experience isn't a good idea (which wasn't what I was implying anyway). But then again, most beginners often have about <1 year of experience anyway. You'll pretty much be decent enough to be a pro by the time you hit 2 or 3 years of experience.
    When petitioners used to come for information to the table at which I sat, I used to grind my teeth at them, and felt intense enjoyment when I succeeded in making anybody unhappy. I almost did succeed.

You'll pretty much be decent enough to be a pro by the time you hit 2 or 3 years of experience.
    maybe if you start out with the work ethic and discipline of a pro :^)

maybe if you start out with the work ethic and discipline of a pro :^)
    Yeah I mean really. I have almost 3 years of experience and I can still be considered a beginner. I know one guy that has 7 years of experience and he's worse than me. It would also help to start out with some drawing experience.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information