StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Soldier Animation

Soldier Animation

Spoiler for FUCK SHADING:

Shameless Advertising: http://hvmvdvart.tumblr.com/post/146714321330

-I like how you put a bit of side motion into the run. Makes it a bit more lifelike. People tend to avoid little things like that.
    -I appreciate how you seemed to get a few of the fundamentals of the roll. Namely the arm and foot placement.

-I feel that the run could use a little more weight on the down extremes. This dude is carrying a ton of crap on him. As it is right now he feels too light.
    -The stuff between when he begins to roll to when he whips his gun over his head just feels weird. I see upon scrutinization that at the bottom of the roll you actually had him put his shoulder down to the ground,(which is good), but in motion it reads like he's rolling over his head.
    -When you roll, generally your body moves as a whole around your center. Just about everything remains pretty close to the relative initial position it was in when you started the roll. As it is right now with him whipping his gun from behind his back it means he had to have had his arms trail behind him, plant his feet into the ground, and then somehow whip his entire torso from his waist-up forwards.

In case that bit about the roll is unclear, here's what I mean:

https://youtu.be/8OaicleoK4M?t=41

Notice how his feet meet the ground at roughly the same time that his arms are in front of his body? How his body is curled pretty much the whole way through when his body is in contact with the ground?

Wow thanks a lot for the in depth CnC, and the reference video too. I'm gonna do a bunch of role studies now.

Really good. Not the smoothest, but im sure that wasnt what you were focusing on. I like it

Thread Information