StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: BIN THIS. NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Just gonna say, it sort of invalidates the purpose of a duo if both characters are powerful enough individually to be their own gladiators. I recommend not going down that path.
    I do agree with you in the context of a battle, Azure. Since making my "duo" I've only had them both fighting in...one battle, I think, and that was vs The Master who had his whole villainous army thing going on. Most of the time I do end up making Dr. MacBeth the one fighting, in which case I technically COULD have left him as my wRHG.

On the flip side, though, there are two things that I think make this a decent decision if done well. First, there are a number of chars in the wRHG that are powerful enough to make two chars worth while (largely the ones that have organizations and etc to back them up).

Secondly and most importantly, however, is the fact that despite technically revolving around the "battle," the wRHG is about far more than just fighting. Just as the RHG is really a tool to help people become better animators, the wRHG is a tool to help people become better writers. In this case, a duo can be far more useful to certain plots that a solo char, because it facilitates more/better character interplay in the works.

I've written a butt-ton of stories -- my battles and then a number of Olit with my chars. In all cases, while I have/still do write with just one at a time occasionally, plot-wise the principle of the duo -- especially a duo that is far from being dependents, but rather equals and independent -- has made me able to write pieces that have far more impact than otherwise.

So, that's just my two cents on the matter.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Eeeeeeeeeeh, I mean, there's nothing wrong with using side characters, but if you're going to bring that into daylight, into conversation, I really don't think you should have a duo, Alph. It's just an obvious duck of the one gladiator rule. I think it's fine to tie in another character into a story if your character would be demolished, but neither of your boys are that weak. Sure, keep writing both, but I think only one should be your official gladiator.

Acute, for example, has a real dou. She has an archer and a shapeshifter that supports her. They fight together and need each other considering the powers of most other gladies.

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    Spoiler for not today:

You can take my first char. and all of my dignity on SP, but you cannot take my duo char.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    UPDATE: Apparently my duo char has been taken.
    Spoiler for Why did this happen to me?:

Therefore, I will soon be posting Al.ice as my char.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information