StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SPAC] Multiple Games! (Updated 8/8, Animated loop!)

[SPAC] Multiple Games! (Updated 8/8, Animated loop!)

MULTIPLE GAMES
    ~Arch-Angel~

I've been putting off making this thread for a bit, so I guess I might as well. I don't want to give away too much too soon, but most of the work I've been doing is brain-storming this thing. I'm going to be using about 7-9 different games in my animation that is probably going to run for a few minutes. This animation does have a title, but again, I don't want to give away too much too soon, and that would be one hell of a spoiler

Storyboard: 50%
    Animation: 35%
    Backgrounds: 5%
    Music choice: Multiple
    Sound FX: 2%

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Timeline

7/10 - Story-boarded the first first several scenes and finished basic movements on the first twenty seconds.
    7/17 - Animated base movements up to 60 seconds and story-boarded the next 40-60 seconds.
    7/24 - Animated base movements and started effects, at 75.8 seconds. Progress from here is going to be a bit slow.
    7/31 - Animated base movements up to 87.8 seconds. Planning on reaching the two minute mark by the end of this weekend.
    8/7 - Quite a lot done on the effects side, drew the third background, and finished a small amount of base animation. Did not reach the two minute mark, but I'm still well within the scope of finishing this on time.
    8/14 - TBD
    8/21 - TBD
    8/28 - TBD
    9/4 - TBD
    9/11 - TBD
    9/19 - TBD

stolen from Externus's Page
    Last edited by Arch-Angel; 08-08-2016 at 10:33 PM.

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

Nice idea, gives you a lot more to work with. Good luck with this.

holy shit 7-9 games? O: well good luck then!

exceld | excore
    三三三二二一二二三三三

expecting this one
    for multiple reasons

I appreciate the support. I'm almost halfway done with the story-board. Without too much dialogue and the intro/credits it's looking like it will be between 2-3 minutes long. I'm looking to have at least the first 20-30 seconds of animation finished by the end of this weekend. I will probably skip the scenery for now and edit that in later.

edit: and as a disclaimer, this is going to end up being my second or third-ish big project in my many years of animating, so I'm actually looking forward to finishing it lol. I'll probably have to make up for the lack of quality animation with neat visuals and funny story-telling, considering there are some great animators participating.
    Last edited by Arch-Angel; 07-09-2016 at 11:46 AM.

so what games are you doing?
    Spoiler for other stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Pox View Post
    so what games are you doing?
    It's a secret! The first game will likely be revealed with a screenshot tomorrow <:

edit: No screenshot. I never got around to doing the art that I would need to give the game away, so that will probably come today.
    ~<3
    Last edited by Arch-Angel; 07-11-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    this is going to end up being my second or third-ish big project in my many years of animating, so I'm actually looking forward to finishing it lol. I'll probably have to make up for the lack of quality animation with neat visuals and funny story-telling, considering there are some great animators participating.
    I could cut and paste this and it would be exactly how I feel about this competition. Best of luck Arch, and I can't wait to see what your finished product is like.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

Thank ye, Nish.

Here's a small screenshot of a scene I just finished the base animation for.

Still not sure if this counts as too much gore or not 0=

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Thank ye, Nish.

Here's a small screenshot of a scene I just finished the base animation for.

Still not sure if this counts as too much gore or not 0=
    holey shet I'm sensing upcoming lags from your animation lmao

exceld | excore
    三三三二二一二二三三三

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information