StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Which Clan came out on top?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Night Creatures

6 100.00%
  • Coils of Nehushtan

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CLAN WAR] Night Creatures v. The Coils of Nehushtan

Writer
    Downloaded both stories to read them in my absence. Since I have a brief moment of internet-access I'll come here and say that hands-down Night Creature's won this one for me. It's one thing to have me read 44 pages in one sitting, and another to have me enjoy them. Yes, I did thoroughly enjoy it, a job very well done. Both sides felt on point and the only possible qualms I'd have are with some moments in the battle itself, and even then that can easily be overlooked.

A job well done and a well-deserved victory. (I did not expect it to have so many votes already).

Now, it'd be rude and most of all undeserving to let the coils out of their praise too. It was definitely up to snuff and the only reason I didn't finish it in one go was because it was 4 AM and I had to catch some sleep. The battle had its moments, but all in all it felt a bit lackluster. There wasn't any sort of proper introduction, and while I dislike long-drawn out intros that just drone on and on, I moreso dislike people just starting to smash one another for little reason. Most of it felt more like David v Night Creatures and we did not exactly get any sort of conclusion to the battle. We are to assume that Dante and Dracustos won their fights off-screen and that leaves a gaping hole in my potential love to give y'all. The fight with Zalgo also sorta just died off on its own and the roles of Grey and Bastet felt very forced, unnatural and unnecessary.

Also I feel as if their win relied a bit too much on stuff just happening out of nowhere, such as Valeria suddenly being some kind of superpowered being, and the Doctor spawning a copy of Zalgo that the original one, despite being far more intelligent and, well, actually being beingness should definitely give him an astounding edge over an inferior version of himself. As I said before David and Altaer's roles just seemed to overshadow everyone else's, and while you definitely get a family-like from the coils like you do in the Night Creature's version of the battle, it is much less so and their opponents are really just degraded to street-goon level quality antagonists. I feel no reason at all to be rooting for Night Creatures in the Coils' version whereas I feel quite a bit for both sides on the Night Creature's part.

All in all both of you can be proud of your work (I don't know who wrote what and from what I heard most of it was really done by Azure and Alphaeus?), so kudos to you all.

(PS : I'm astounded as to how many votes it's already gotten so far. Nice reading job y'all.)

Based on the results as well as the fact there aren't enough regular users here to create an upset, and after discussion with Alph, I've closed the poll early. It'd still be great if people gave CnC, however, so yeah.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

yay we lost

No matter how you view it, Chrome, Dante won.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information