StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: Practice Running Animation

The Universe In My Eyes Creepin_Bro's Avatar

Practice Running Animation

I haven't animated in a while, and I was pretty bad in the first place, so that's great, any way, this is just a quick running animation, cause I hate running animations (they're hard to do), and the only way to fix that is by doing more
    any way here is your anim

Click Me

CnC is always welcome, and much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Yeah that's 5056 IFUKDURMOM drive, it's the house on the end and the road is a long one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    You know what's really long? The dick I'm gonna stick in your nostril you lil cumbucket spitoon ass bitch.
    Will that be cash or credit?
    I'll take your food stamps card you broke crackwhore no-teeth having, giving gumjobs for a bump ass musty hag.

Or just any card. Debit or Bredit works

-Because the arms and legs are out of sync it doesn't feel like we're dealing with one whole figure here, but rather two separate parts.
    -Too heavy on the down poses. If you're trying to convey a "heavy" feel to a character you need to do a lot more than just adding extra frames or holding the frames you do have, and if you're not trying to convey a heavy feel then you definitely don't need to be on the down pose that long. Take out a bunch of the frames around the down pose to reduce that lurchy-unnecessarily heavy feel to it.
    -As it is, it feels like the character is sort of slamming into the ground for the down poses as well. (This may actually be what causes the heavy feel. I'm not entirely positive.) You don't really need to "drop" the figure to convey a run. You can get by by just noticing that the leg right when it comes in contact with the ground is fully extended.

Other than the stuff I mentioned I didn't see much else off with it. You seem to have an idea of what you're supposed to be doing. (For example, you're aware that you should be easing into the run, you're aware that the arms gradually have a wider and wider swing as you pick up speed in a run, and you're aware that during the pose when your foot comes in contact with the ground you should be a bit lower than normal.) Only thing is it seems like you're either trying to overcompensate, or you're not fully aware of all of the little intricacies that come with the territory. I'd definitely say give it a few more shots though, runs are complicated! You're doing great by actually going out of your way to animate it in the first place. Keep it up!

The Universe In My Eyes Creepin_Bro's Avatar
    Thanks for the CnC!
    I could tell by the time I finished the anim that I was heavily over compensating for speed, what I mean, is that major flaw with a lot of my anims that aren't uploaded, is there is WAY to much movement per frame. So, I tried too slow it down, and I slowed it a bit too much

I actually learned from you that the foot shouldn't be on the ground as much as it is off, and that was helpful, although I didn't demonstrate that very much in this anim, as when I tried it, something looked off and I had to wing it

About the arms, there really wasn't any attempt made to sync them with the legs, cause I didn't think of that at the time

Any way, again, thanks for the CnC, I've been waiting for some for a few days now

Yeah that's 5056 IFUKDURMOM drive, it's the house on the end and the road is a long one.
    You know what's really long? The dick I'm gonna stick in your nostril you lil cumbucket spitoon ass bitch.
    Will that be cash or credit?
    I'll take your food stamps card you broke crackwhore no-teeth having, giving gumjobs for a bump ass musty hag.

Or just any card. Debit or Bredit works

Thread Information