StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: The Fixer

  1. #31
    Senior Member Urako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    569
    You make some good points and I believe that your character is a jack of all trades. However there is one thing that grabbed my interest. I'm not going to argue with your response though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Additionally, his point is to be a "good" guy, but someone so damned goody you can't help but be disgusted by the char (as opposed to the lovable-villain trope. I essentially flipped it into a hateable hero).
    I'm afraid it's an uphill battle because you're going to have to outmatch Ethernu, Leelee, Dozer, Bulwark, and a great deal of other people who want to either defeat evil, protect others, just fight for fun, wont kill, etc if you have any hope of him being so nice he's disliked. Doubly so because every weapon he uses is lethal and his fighting style is exceptionally brutal according to you.
    Last edited by Urako; 12-31-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

    I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

    Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

  2. #32
    Seņor MemeBar Alphaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ah...no.
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    I'm afraid it's an uphill battle because you're going to have to outmatch Ethernu, Leelee, Dozer, Bulwark, and a great deal of other people who want to either defeat evil, protect others, just fight for fun, wont kill, etc if you have any hope of him being so nice he's disliked. Doubly so because every weapon he uses is lethal and his fighting style is exceptionally brutal according to you.
    Yeah, but somehow they're more "genuine" and "likeable." I mean, what is there to dislike about Leelee? Or, truthfully, Dozer?

    David, on the other hand, can be just plain disgusting about his goodness. I'm not saying he is more good than these chars (probably less so, to be honest). I'm saying it is how he goes about being good. I mean, shoot, Azzy is proof that I've written him properly. He's a good char with no actual faults, but Azzy can't stand him for his goody-perfectionism.

    The way I think, though, is always in regard to canon. So, much of who is he can be learned only through studying who he is in canon -- this char page I made more brief than my previous one to make it easier for people (because I had been causing a lot of confusion with my huge and complex page).

    Thanks for your input, however!
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index


    ~Arch

    ~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

  3. #33
    Senior Member Urako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Yeah, but somehow they're more "genuine" and "likeable." I mean, what is there to dislike about Leelee? Or, truthfully, Dozer?

    David, on the other hand, can be just plain disgusting about his goodness. I'm not saying he is more good than these chars (probably less so, to be honest). I'm saying it is how he goes about being good. I mean, shoot, Azzy is proof that I've written him properly. He's a good char with no actual faults, but Azzy can't stand him for his goody-perfectionism.

    The way I think, though, is always in regard to canon. So, much of who is he can be learned only through studying who he is in canon -- this char page I made more brief than my previous one to make it easier for people (because I had been causing a lot of confusion with my huge and complex page).

    Thanks for your input, however!
    Well I know he's a guy who owns an organization that takes over others in a world effort to help people (or he did before he lost it), he's a doctor (ditto) who works at the Healing hands clinic, and he has a very serious god complex. Did I miss anything?

    Also, I don't hate Leelee. She's absolutely adorable.
    Last edited by Urako; 01-01-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

    I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

    Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

  4. #34
    Not good with jokes. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Usually my bed.
    Posts
    334
    I can't bear to look at their profiles any more than I have, though I think I've got the gist of what I'm seeing =_=

    Best of luck in the fight m8.
    My wRHG: Winston Kitt

    Availability:
    Not at the moment.

    Building my own little world...

  5. #35
    Seņor MemeBar Alphaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ah...no.
    Posts
    1,062
    Alright.

    Soo....

    I've changed back to Altaer as my wRHG. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE ALREADY FIGHTING DR. MACBETH, THOSE BATTLES WILL BE COMPLETED WITH THE DOCTOR AS WRHG, NOT ALTAER.

    (this essentially means Dooms and Urako, since they are the only two people I was already fighting).

    Kamiroo Wolf is the first person to fight with Altaer (well, THIS time) as my wRHG.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index


    ~Arch

    ~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

  6. #36
    ლ(ಠᨎಠლ) IgnusBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    My Basement?
    Posts
    1,104
    You know, as I look over Altaer's profile and description, I have a deep and irresistible urge to try and beat him... I mean, manliness personified? He sounds like a jock in high school took an infinity gram dose of testosterone and steroids. I think Riley could give him a run for his money.

    Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope! Not at all... The life of an author never stops...

  7. #37
    Seņor MemeBar Alphaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ah...no.
    Posts
    1,062
    UPDATE

    Soo...

    Battles:

    1) -- Zalgo: this is in progress, and YES VEIR I'M WORKING at least I don't take as long as Vern

    2) -- Abra: confirmed challenge, this pairing just has to happen for some unknown reason. Besides, I love the char.

    3) -- Eric the Lightbringer: May or may not do this since I haven't read much about the character, but Crank made a brief comparison of GAnon to me, therefore I must look into the situation :P. Also just because the char sounds like the type of person Altaer would EASILY come into conflict with.


    Notes:

    Ignus' Lion of Palestine is joining my Clan, and we're working on a collab. Otherwise, nothing much.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index


    ~Arch

    ~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

  8. #38
    Senior Member Chromium7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    2) -- Abra: confirmed challenge, this pairing just has to happen for some unknown reason. Besides, I love the char.
    omg 2cute
    <3

  9. #39
    ლ(ಠᨎಠლ) IgnusBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    My Basement?
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    omg 2cute
    <3
    Oh boy, here we go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus
    Notes:

    Ignus' Lion of Palestine is joining my Clan, and we're working on a collab. Otherwise, nothing much.
    A new member is joining your clan, and you say that's nothing much? Well, whatever I guess.

    Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope! Not at all... The life of an author never stops...

  10. #40
    Senior Member Chromium7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnusBurns View Post
    A new member is joining your clan, and you say that's nothing much? Well, whatever I guess.
    no iggy,
    his:

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Clan
    I could pick his quotes apart all day tbh.
    But yeah, looking forward to having ya if everything works out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •