StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimworld: SP Zombie Survival

That's probably for the best, though, there's still the question of what to do with the armor. It'd probably be best with Ghombeat, as he's the only person trained for combat who doesn't rely on being fast. I'd say myself as a secondary option, since I seem to be constantly under attack, but I cook food and farm. I don't really see myself getting proper use from it. Put it to where it'll be best used.

And get me a big knife. I wanna wield a goddamn Pyramid Head Great Knife up in this bitch.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Unfortunately Dakota isn't exactly a trained marksman, though he probably COULD be trained at some point.
    I think he'll be more devastating with a bat in his hands, especially since bats don't have to reload. Bulky armor that could bog down his movement also isn't really his style.

Why did it have to come to this Aquila?

Disperse his gear as the rest of you see fit for all I care, but we can't forget Aquilas sacrifice. I propose we build a statue in his honor.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 08-03-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    That's probably for the best, though, there's still the question of what to do with the armor. It'd probably be best with Ghombeat.
    We need a new huntsman. A little weight won't hurt, but seeing the zoophile "Fugly" is, raising a pack of hounds will do the trick. Just wait for them to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I propose we build a statue in his honor.
    "Fugly" (guess he can't be re-nicknamed?) can't make shit. Dakota is awful. And we have no idea of who is the stronghold best clay artist out here.

Btw Devour, is it possible to know the starting characters' precious stats 'n' traits?
    thanks.
    Last edited by Ghombeat; 08-03-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Spoiler for Aspiration by Aaron Douglas:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghombeat View Post
    We need a new huntsman. A little weight won't hurt, but seeing the zoophile "Fugly" is, raising a pack of hounds will do the trick. Just wait for them to come.

"Fugly" (guess he can't be re-nicknamed?) can't make shit. Dakota is awful. And we have no idea of who is the stronghold best clay artist out here.

Btw Devour, is it possible to know the starting characters' precious stats 'n' traits?
    thanks.
    We need a little POP here, know what I mean?
    Need a little Power Of Positivity.

Rest in peace Aquila.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

We got space, maybe we could have a range to train our marksmanship. Maybe archers? I can't remember if we have unlimited ammo.

Spoiler for :

Wait... why don't I make something in memoriam of Aquila, and hold a banquet? After all, I've made some decent art before. Not amazing, but decent.

"Take a look at this." Error gathered the whole party into the Storage Room to show them... what looked like a hunk of junk. Cobbled-together metal was crudely welded to cover the handmade electronics inside. You could somewhat make out a microphone, a dial and an antenna at the top of the device. Error was incredibly proud of his work.

"What is this?" Asked Azure. "It looks like a... radio?"

"Even better. This is an orbital trade beacon."

"Wow, really?!" Dakota was amazed. He'd lived a modest, honest life. It was mindblowing to realize that they did, in fact, live in a science-fiction universe.

"With this, we should be able to call in passing traders and sell them anything we have in this room here. In exhange, maybe we'll be able to get more weapons, more steel, and maybe more technology to get us a ship out of here."

"Incredible." Max was smiling. This was an enormous step for them. It almost seemed like they were going to make it out of here after all.

PS: Nothing has happened in a while so let me update you on the state of the fortress.

We have a LOT of food from Azure's corn harvest. By the way, the squares are prepared meals Azure has made. The yellow-topped boxes of 75 units are all 75 units of corn. It takes 50 units to make a prepared meal. This is a shitload of prepared meals.

We are currently upgrading the research labs to a high tech lab, which will both research faster and allow us to get more advanced technology.

Two things here:
    -The walls are now two tiles thick. It's twice as difficult to go anywhere but the defended entrance.
    -Inside the entrance is a furnace. This furnace will heat the room to 1000 degrees celsius in a last ditch attempt, but render the exit inhospitable all day after its turned on until the heat leaks out. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully we'll be roasting zombies next time there's a raid.

I'm playing more Rimworld tonight so expect updates.

I have 30 minutes to spare. Save this person, or no?

Last edited by Devour; 08-06-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Offer her safety. We can try out our new furnace, and we can get some backup to help fill the void Aquila left behind.

So be it...

On her tail is a metric shitton of people, armed with bows&arrows, and simple clubs.

They arrived quickly, and holy shit they're breaking through the entrance quickly. They also set fire to the outer wall, but luckily for me I have a stone side to it too.

They're going through so fast that I'm going to abandon trying to shoot them and just crank the furnace way the fuck up. Things are happening very fast.

Perhaps I spoke too soon... Bunched up like that, concentrated fire from Ghombeat with the minigun, Error with a PDW and Zero with an assault rifle simply butchered the tribespeople as they tried to get in. Others are coming in from other directions and I've moved my badasses to deal with them.

I'm about to turn on the furnace and see how effective it is at killing.

I guess we'll have to wait until zombies come to try out the furnace......

Desperate to escape the heat, one tribesperson broke through the wooden wall in the side of the entrance. Max, waiting, immediately stabbed the tribesperson (armed with a greatbow) in the leg, shoulder-checked him to the ground and slit stabbed her sword into his throat.

With searing heat in one direction, a wall of gunfire in the other, and a badass with a sword behind them, the tribesmen fled in terror. Everyone quickly moves to extinguish the fire.

Man, our defenses are actually pretty freaking good.

Operating carefully, Dakota opens the doors to let the heat vent from the room. Maybe I'll employ the furnace differently to make it more effective next time.
    Last edited by Devour; 08-06-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information